Thursday, January 6

TG

Thank God for Tide & my laundry fairy!

Behold!!...
High Efficiency washers use less water than traditional models, so gunk and detergent can collect in the drum, resulting in a mildewy odor. To clean things up, run a Tide Washing Machine Cleaner pouch through a normal cycle.
To buy: $7.50 for three pouches, drugstore.com.



 And special detergent to use all the time. 


We have these GE washing machines (these are not ours) and ya'll, things were smelling BAD. Like really, really bad. And all our clothes were coming out smelling sour and gross. Little did we know that this is a common problem for HE washing machines. Makes sense bc they use less water. So we were thrilled to find this washing machine cleaner that you use once a month to keep things fresh. And it works! I suggest you give it a try if you are having a similar problem. 


And I wanted to give a shout out to Ben! Or my "laundry fairy" as I call him....bc somehow my clothes always get washed and folded w/out me doing anything! He does just about every bit of laundry in our house...and that is one of the many reasons I love him ;) 

10 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Hooray for this post. You might have just changed my laundry life!!!

KatiePerk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katie lake said...

Guys are so funny. M does all my laundry as well. He LOVES doing laundry, and folding and ironing clothes! He does not like to put them away however so the table ends up piled up with all the clean laundry ha!

chelsea said...

We just got our HE set. I'm in love. And seriously can't even wait to use the stuff to keep it clean. I'm a freak. :)

But yay for your laundry fairy! That's most definitely me. :)

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

Can you please send woobie, aka the laundry fairy, over to our house? Our landry room needs lots of attention...

Lisa said...

You timed your post perfectly...how did you know I JUST GOT a new high efficiency washer? :-) I do have a question for you though...the dude where we bought the washer said it's better to use powdered HE detergent as opposed to the liquid kind, and although I have always been a liquid detergent girl, I gave in and bought some. I don't like it at ALL, and a pair of black ponte pants came out with little spots of powder still on them. What kind do you use and recommend?

Jen said...

we don't have a fancy pants washer and dryer (SOMEDAY...sigh) but i had heard about that problem and it always made me really weary to purchase those front loaders (i thought that was the issue). so good to know that there is a solution! all i want to do is set up the top of my appliances as a table...yay non-stinky front loaders!

Kerstin said...

my boyfriend loves doing laundry too - matching socks is like a dream come true! I really don't understand it but I'm not complaining. They're keepers!

JMB said...

BEN IS THE MAN hahaha

Miss A said...

Another tip from making them smell - leave the washer door open a bit to let it dry out. After we started doing that, we don't get that horrid smell anymore.