Friday, June 4

more book recommendations

I have a couple more book recommendations for you all. I had heard about "American Wife" around the blogosphere and so I was excited to read it when Ben's mom gave me her copy. It really is a good story that is supposedly loosely based on Laura Bush's life. It follows the life of Alice, a small town girl whose life ends up taking her to places she never imagined, including the Washington. 

Next up, "Vanishing Acts," by Jodi Picoult. We all know I love me some Jodi Picoult. This book was just O.K. It's abut a woman who does search and rescue for a living, only to find out that when she was very young she was kidnapped by her father and taken across the country where she was raised by him under fake identities. Later her father is found and tried back in New Mexico where her mother still lives. 


4 comments:

Lauren said...

I've been wanting to read the Laura Bush story...thanks for the review!

Jill said...

Surprisingly I have never read a Jodi Picoult! I need to give her a whirl. Enjoying some reading on your summer vacation? :)

Laura said...

I finished American Wife a couple weeks ago & absolutely loved it. I would definitely recommend Curtis Sittenfeld's 2 other books too, if you haven't read them yet. I just found your blog recently & am really enjoying it.

kanishk said...

really i am enjoying it.
PPC Advertising India