Thursday, June 3

PSA


You may have already known this but I didn't! I always keep my sunscreen in my pool bag and leave it in my car. Well, according to Real Simple mag this is a bad idea...making it less potent or completely ineffective! 




Is it OK to store sunscreen or a lip balm with SPF in a glove compartment?
No, especially during summer. Once the car heats up in the sun, "high temperatures can cause the sunscreen’s active ingredients to degrade right in the container," says Badreshia-Bansal. And the lip balm will melt, to boot. "When you apply a degraded sunscreen or balm to your skin, you’re not getting the SPF that’s indicated on the bottle," she warns. "In fact, you might be applying nothing more than a thick moisturizer."


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm good to know!

Jill said...

Uh oh! Thanks for the tip! (PS--I love Real Simple!!)

emily said...

good to knoww!!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Real Simple is great. And I did not know this - I kept my sunscreen in my car last year so I'd have it when I went to my sister's pool. That explains all the sunburns, ha ha.

Sara McCarty said...

Oh, I didn't know that! I have a bottle of sunscreen in my car right now! Boo! Thanks for the PSA!

kanishk said...

Real Simple is great.

Adsense Alternative