Wednesday, February 6

WWW - Bourbon Bar Roundup

My groom loves his bourbon, so we are having a bourbon bar at the wedding reception. We aren't having a full open bar to go along with it, just beer, wine, champagne, and his signature dink - an old fashioned. Lots of bourbon! My signature drink is champagne. Nuff' said.

My plan is to set up a guy's area over off the bar somewhere. I want to get two bourbon barrels and either just use their tops for display or get round glass table tops for them. One for the bourbon and one for cigars and the accessories (napkins, bourbon balls, ice, matches, drink stirs).  Oh, and I think I'm going to get a custom watercolor done with all the bourbon choices....not sure yet.

{click to zoom}

8 comments:

Annie said...

That's a really fun idea!

WorthyStyle said...

Great idea! Just be careful with a glass-topped table. Esp with boozing guys at a wedding. Risky!

BLovedBoston said...

where are you thinking of getting your matches from?

Muffy said...

LOVE this idea so much. It's going to be grand!!!

Unknown said...

I love this idea. There's really no need for other liquors as long as you have plenty of bourbon!

Lulu said...

What a fantastic idea!!!! Can't wait to see how this all comes together! :)

Unknown said...

I was very impressed with this place the first time I checked it out New Orleans Bar & grill.
http://www.neworleansbarandgrill.com/bourbon-bar-greensboro.html

Anonymous said...

I will definitely come back to your site to see more splendid posts like this one. herpromiserings.com/promise-rings