Tuesday, June 30

another food post

sorry for another food post, but I'm trying to figure out what to make for saturday. the thing is, we do an EARLY morning party and then a bbq later. the Bluegrass 10,000 race is every 4th of july and ben always runs in it. we all go to a family friends' house that sits right on the race course and have breakfast and cocktails (yea we drink liquor at 7am). they have it catered but i want to bring a little something. i'm thinking something sweet again this year because we usually stick around until about 11 or so and people will be ready to eat/snack again. 

what do you all think about these options?

Fruit Parfait with yogurt and granola
strawberry shortcake with stars
Red, white and blueberry trifle

I'm thinking the trifle might be good - fresh and light. I'm hesitant to make the parfait bc they are serving breakfast foods. the shortcake i may wait and make for our family bbq that evening. haha sounds like i've already decided! you can get these recipes and other festive 4th of july desserts on Martha's website

9 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

... i love the trifle idea!

I've made it before with strawberries, blueberries, poundcake and whipcream!

so cute and so festive!

The Queen of Clearance said...

i love the star shortcake it looks yummy and cute!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I the the trifle is the perfect solution. So fresh and delicious!

Posh Peach said...

I was checking out Martha's 4th of July items yesterday as well! The trifle sounds like a good option.

Tara Gibson said...

they all look too pretty to eat haha. i love the 4th!

Everyday Adventures said...

I tagged you..love your blog!!!

sara said...

Just stumbled upon your blog from Le Petite - so cute! I think the star shortcake is adorable, but my vote is for the trifle - festive, tasty, and relatively easy. Enjoy your summer break from law school! Next summer will be that pesky bar exam - I don't miss my summer of studying for that!!

Hailey HRH said...

im always a sucker for shortcake. its the best summer treat! have fun over the 4th - sounds like you will!

KR said...

The parfait looks so pretty and yummy! I vote for that one!