Here is what you will need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flower, plus more for dusting
- Pie Dough (I got the kind that you get that is rolled up)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbs milk
- 3 pints blueberries (take out any questionable ones)
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice (this took about one lemon)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (i didn't have real butter, so i used stick margarine)
- 9 inch pie pan
- open the box of pie crust take one of the rolls out, put the other one back in the fridge. Unroll and drape over the pie pan. Put pan in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Heat over to 425.
- Whisk together egg and mil to make egg wash, and set aside.
- combine blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, flour, and cinnamon, in bowl and turn onto chilled bottom crust.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with corn starch (i think that is what it was, mom told me to do this bc it thickens up the filling)
- Take out the other roll of dough and brush the rim of the crust with the egg wash, place the other piece of dough on top, trim to 1/2 inch over edge of pan (will probably already be this), and crimp the edges with a fork or your fingers.
- transfer the pie to the refrigerator to chill until firm, about 20 minutes
- brush with the egg wash
- bake for 20 minutes
- reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30 to 40 minutes more or until juices are bubbling
- let cool before serving
and of course, add vanilla ice cream and serve!
I got the recipe form Martha here.