Monday, June 4

What I've been reading

Along with the rest of America, I indulged in the 50Shades of Grey Trilogy...finished the last book this past weekend. The first two books were quick reads, but the third kind of dragged on and was a struggle to finish (I mean, how many dramatic life-altering events can possibly happen to this 21 y/o girl in the span of a month?!?!) These aren't great literary feats by any means, but they are pretty entertaining and make for a fun summer-by-the-pool book. I heard no less than 10 ladies (older ladies mind you) talking about the books this past weekend by the pool. Everyone is reading it...peer pressure...read it!

We've all head the rumors that the books will be made into movies, but idk if that is a sure thing. I can't imagine how they will make this happen without it being rated NC-17!! The books are really dirty and descriptive!! I suppose they could lose some of the lewd language and keep it a bit more tame for the big screen. In any case, this is who I think should play Christian Grey





Gray eyes, copper unruly hair, all American gorgeous CEO...YES.



Matt Bomer...HELLO HOTNESS! I think he could easily pass for a 27 y/o billionaire who turns ladies heads everywhere he goes ;)  Who do you think they should cast for Mr. Grey?!

And as for Anastasia Steele, I can see Emma Roberts playing her part. She is young enough looking and not too striking to be believable as Ana, the Converse wearing virgin.

"Stop biting your lip." hahaha

Or maybe her and Chase Crawford??

Have you all read the books? What do you think about a movie? Who do you picture in the lead roles?





10 comments:

Carolina Charm said...

Omgosh, that is EXACTLY how I picture Mr. Grey to look!! I just finished book one and am about to start #2, although I am getting a bit bored with it.

Anonymous said...

wow, excellent choices for Christian! That's how I imagined him as well. Emma would be perfect too. I somehow found the books addicting, however, without all of the 8 million scandalous scenes I felt the whole series could have been done in one book.

Danielle said...

I am reading book 3 right now and I agree - the story is so far-fetched! BUT - I am addicted! I was envisioning Ian Somerhalder. I know nothing about his acting skills but he is beautiful!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I'm with you--book 3 was my least favorite. And hello...HOW have I never seen this sexy man?! I'd definitely go see him on the big screen ;)

B said...

Haven't read the books but Matt Bomer is a super cutie!! I watch him in White Collar (thanks Netflix) and am much looking forward to the next season.

Kristin said...

enjoyed the books, but agree, dont see how a movie is possible...

Becca B. said...

YES! Definitely Matt Bomer! He embodies everything Christian Grey "is" :) Not sure about Ana, but I think Emma Roberts would do a good job.

Dani said...

Probably the best Christian Grey, I've seen someone mention. Definitely the closest to my mental picture of him!

I've heard mention of Kristen Stewart for Ana- but not of a fan of that option...

Hannah said...

Yes, he looks just like what Mr. Grey should look like! I just finished book 2 and haven't started the last one. Love your blog! Just added you to my blog list on my sidebar.

Anonymous said...

My goodness gracious YES. He is the epitomy of CHRISTIAN GREY. If he is not cast I won't know what to do with myself </3